Adjacent to the hall, beside the
river is a mill which went out of use in the mid l930s. Records show
the original mill to have been in use on the south side of the river
in the 4th century AD and Roman artefacts were found in its remains
in 1982. In 1224 Henry de Tickencote is recorded as milling flour and
having a licence to export bread. The present mill on the north side
of the river has an inscription cut into the stone: 'Tickencote Mill
erected 1731 by John Tickencote'